Worked on Mnemosyne the past couple of days. Added password protection so that spammers can’t enter anything. Add the same functionality to the delete page so that only I can delete the entries for now.
Also added an edit page (also password protected). The main functionality is starting to come together. Stuff on the horizon:
- Tag support
- Profile Support
And then a bunch of code quality issues. I’m sure there’s got to be a better way to handle database stuff. Hopefully something like hibernate for php. I’ll have to look into that.
Got my local environment set up, so I don’t have to use the live site as my testing ground. That didn’t take as long as expected. A couple of trip ups. For one, if using Windows 7 64-bit, apache 2.2, and php5 make sure you get the VC6 thread safe versions, or else apache and PHP might not work well together. I tried all four distributions of php5 before I got it right.